There is so much to tell.
Nathan and I arrived in Brazil last Thursday and we have been thrown right into the action.
The trip down seemed very long. We flew from Toronto to Sao Paulo; the flight was just over ten hours. After this we had a 4 hour layer over in Sao Paulo while we waited for our flight to Curitiba. We almost missed our flight, but God was taking care of us. Our flight to Curitiba was 45 minutes long and we still had a 2 hour drive to our home.
As soon as we arrived the rest of the Quest Team was waiting and had prepared a Welcome party for the two of us. It was over stimulating to go from such a long trip to meeting so many new people, hearing a new language and being in a new place. But God has been right by my side, and slowly I am becoming more comfortable with this new place!
Here are some pictures of the veiws from our house.
The first weekend we went to a church to promote Quest. We are looking for potential summer staff for camp. It was really hard not knowing the language but it was awesome to see people catching the vision. One thing we have run into is brazilians have no knowledge if what camp is. So we are really having to explain what it is that we are doing. This also shows me how big the need for camp ministry is.
I had the opportunity to explore the peice of land taht is currently very heavy on Our team's heart. There is a lot of paper work that needs to come together before we can buy the land and we are trusting God to being it together in His time. Below are some pictures. It is absolutely beautiful.
Every afternoon, we are taking intense language classes. Already I am surprised at how much I am learning. God is answering my prayers to pick up the language. But I know it is going to be a long and discouraging process. Keep praying!
I can deffinately use your prayers at this time. Pray that i will continue to learn the language quickly. Pray for my relationship with God; things are so hectic it is easy to push him to the side. Also, not knowing the language makes it difficult to grow from a church. Pray for Team Quest and the property. We are very anxious to get things going, but we also know the importance of waiting on God.
I'l be keeping you posted!! Please keep in touch and I will do my best to keep you all updated.
Each day my heart gets more and more excited about what God is doing and going to do in Brazil.
No comments:
Post a Comment