On Friday, our team went out for pizza to celebrate our friend's final day of school. Nathan Carol ( our friend and team secretary!!) had to take a bus. We got there ok, but the ride home was interesting. We found that that bus system is hard to figure or maybe we should have just done our research. Mistake # 1. We were not 100% sure what time out bus was coming to pick us up. Mistake #2. We did not know what bus we needed to take. We knew we wanted to get home to Schoeder, but that was all. Mistake #3. After waiting for an hour we took the wrong bus. The bus was going to Schoeder, but not the part of town we wanted to go to.
We ended up going on the craziest bus ride of my life. The road was windy and made of dirt and gravel, the bus driver was going so fast and it was pitch black. The only word that comes to mind is SKETCHY. We did arrive home safely..... 2 hours later.
The following day, I went on a completey different type of adventure. A guy we met at church volunteered to take a group of us out rapelling and climbing. We jumped at the opportunity, especially since we are looking for adventure opportunities in the area for our camp.
We started with a 15o ft rapel. We were right in the mountains and the veiw was incredible. We tried a little bit of rock climbing, but it was insanely difficult. I thought they day was over until our friend pointed at a waterfall a little further up the mountain. He wanted to take us rappelling ON the waterfall. It was incredible. the picture below does not even do justive to the experience. The picture is of Nathan and I; can you see us?
Needless to say, it was an intense experience. When I look at that place it is hard to believe that is me. I loved just being there. The place displayed God's beauty and His power. It was hard to not praise Him for his creation. I wish all of you could just be here to see it; as I am sure most of you would not be up for actually doing that rapel. I was even a little intimidated.
'Stop and consider God's wonders."
1 comment:
Becky, Nathan, that photo is truly awesome representation of your spirits. You will go where ever God leads you. Even if the location/route are risky.
I can't even begin to imagine the size of the smile on your faces as you completed that rappel.
Post a Comment