The journey continues...
Everyday I get more and more excited about where God is taking me. In some ways, things are happening too fast, but in others things are not happenings fast enough.
So, as most of you know, I am heading to Brazil, but what most of you might not know is what I am going to be doing there.
Let me try to give you an idea of what life in Brazil means for me... especially for the first 6 months. I am planning on joining a team in Brazil ( 4 canadians and 3 Brazilians) to plant a camp that is to be called 'Quest'. As of right now, Quest is still a dream. ( But a dream that is quickly becoming real) What I am saying is, there is no camp; in fact we are still searching for land. So what am I going to be doing? The best way to describe it is we are being is Pioneers. I will be part of the team promoting our vision, recruting churches, running day camps, constructing buldings... etc. A lot of what I will be doing right away is getting adjusted to the culture; learning the language and learning about Brazil and it's people. As you can see, it is hard to know exactly what I am going to be doing, but I hope that gives you a general idea.
Camping is rare in Brazil. A lot of Brazialians do not even know what camp is. It is going to take a lot to spread the word about what we are doing and get Brazilians on board. But God has already proven to overcome the impossible and some local churches are getting involved.
My long term position is a little different. I will have the position of 'Outdoor Adventure Program Director'. Sounds official eh? I will be involved in running adventure activities ,(climbing, kayaking, high ropes, etc) training new staff, and much more.
Our mission is to develop servant leaders of all ages,using biblical principles in an experiential and adventure camp setting. The camp setting creates many oppertunities to tell people of God's love, to build into people's lives and to train people to pass on the Good News. This past year I was involved with a camp called Medeba, and it was incredible to see how camp can bring people to Christ and teach them about His love. Camp ministry does make a difference, and I can not believe God wants to use me to do His work in Brazil.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment